Acne is a common skin disorder of sebaceous glands origin with comedones, Papules, Pustules and cysts. It is very difficult to clear the acne because of its varied triggers.
Nearly all teenagers have acne but it can occur any age including newborn babies. It affects both sexes equally and starting age is between 12-14 years. Peak age for severity in females is 16-17 and for males is 17-19 years.
Why teen agers ?
Androgenic hormones, especially di-hydro testosterone stimulate the sebaceous gland activity. Human sebaceous glands contain 5α-reductase, 3α- and 17α- hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase which convert weak androgen to di-hydro testosterone which increase the sebum secretion. Surge of androgens at puberty produce sudden increase in sebum excretion which sets stage for acne.
Many factors combine to cause acne.
Sebum – When sebum excretion is excessive, oil glands are triggered and start accumulating over and over leading to a pinky bulge called Acne.
Hormones– Androgens are main stimulant of sebum secretion. Nearly fifty percent of females with acne have slightly raised free testosterone levels.
Pollution – Air pollution simply dust including smog, chemicals and toxins can clog your pores and cause an acne flare. Ozone and other common air pollutants, like nitric oxide, might make skin more susceptible to allergies and irritation.
Poral occlusion– When body starts to make lots of sebum, the dead skin cells can stick together inside the pore and lead to clogging which cause acne.
Bacteria– Sometimes bacteria (Propionibacterium acnes) that lie on the skin also get inside the clogged pore. Inside the pore, the bacteria have a perfect environment for quick multiplication.
Genetic– About half of the acne patients have family history of acne.
Tropical – Heat and humidity worsens the acne.
There is no concrete evidence that dietary constituent cause acne except iodine. But low glycemic diets are advisable and avoid certain foods like nuts, chocolates and dairy products.
Keep them your routine
- Wash your face twice a day and after sweating.
- Use finger tip to apply gentle, non-abrasive cleanser.
- Cleanse with lukewarm water and soap to remove surface sebum.
- Keep the sweaty hands away from your face.
- If hair is oily in nature, use mild shampoo daily.
- Use skin care products which are non-comegenic.
- Wash pillowcases, hats, scarfs, stolls regularly.
Apart from the above mentioned ways to manage acne, the right choice for speedy recovery of acne could be the use of Verdura anti acne pack packed with the goodness of Aloevera that actually will be boosting the blood flow in your skin and killing off harmful bacteria
- Apply sufficient quantity of pack every day over the entire face covering the pimples.
- Allow it to permeate into skin for 10 minutes. Wash face gently after the pack dries.
- Use twice a day. Continue usage until pimples completely subside.
- Once the pimples are cured. Use thrice a week on a regular basis.