While too much of the sun rays can be harmful to your skin, the right balance can have lots of positive effects on our body. According to the World Health Organization, sun exposure can treat several auto immune disorders.
Moderate amount of sun exposure
- Slows down the rapid rate of skin cell multiplication (scaling) and skin cell shedding in psoriasis.
- Kindles genetic memory of pigment cells of the skin to produce melanin in vitiligo.
- Produces vitamin D in the body which improves brain function
- Helps in healing eczema and fungal infections
- Sun exposure improves the production of blood cells in the body which helps develop resistance to diseases in the body and thus boosts the immunity.
Over exposure to sun can cause
- Wrinkle formation
- Skin damage
- Photo Ageing of skin
- Skin cancer.
It is important to take adequate precaution.
The best way to get the benefits and stay away from the ill effects of sun is to always apply a sunscreen compulsorily whenever we go outdoors.